Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Finishing Cannon Frames and Painting Hatches

 
 
Now I remember why I really don't like doing Gun Ships.....Lots of tedious hole cutting and hatch and frame painting, not to mention all the cannons, oh well.  I have finished the Starboard side of the ship, or Right, as if you were standing on it facing the bow.
 
 
 
 
The frames are temporarily installed, will paint them then glue them into place.

 
 

 
You can see the difference in the two type of frames the top three have no hatches, the bottom 4 you can see the hinges, for the hatches.

 
 
This is one of the unpainted hatches, that go into the above hinges frames.
 
 
I have to do the other side of the ship, Port side. I may take a break from cutting holes today, and work on painting the hatches, or find something else to do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the message