Monday, January 18, 2016

Welcome Back

Welcome back, New York winter is finally here, and that only means one thing, back to building the ship. I hope everyone following this build had a good summer, or winter, depending on your location. I found everything, for the most part, the same way I left it some six months ago. Its been a busy summer, and I am looking forward to the time off, so we will see if we can get this project finished this year.....

On a different note I thought I would share a couple pictures of my Tiger Moth RC airplane that I just finished.  RC airplanes to what an understanding wife this guy must have. Yes I do!

 
 
Will see how it flies in a few months.....
 
Lets recap were we left off.
 
We have lined the Bulwarks with the .6x5mm Ramin, then closed the gaps between the Deck and Bulwarks with the 2x2 apple wood deck stringers. Some finish sanding then we will mark this off the list.
 


 
I have glued the 2x2mm Apple Wood  Rubbing Stakes to the sides of the ship, and am cutting the 10x10mm Cannon Port from the hull. There are 30 of these holes, and take a lot of time lining and cutting them out. Making a cut like this into the hull is a scary proposition, no room for error. Cut one in the wrong place, then what do you do with a 10x10mm hole in your hull......
I am about halfway done with this
 

,
I will continue cutting the holes, and hopefully have them done today. Will get back to work, hope to update you in the morning.
 
 
Have a Good Day.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the message