Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Dry Fit / Start Gluing

Finishing the dry fit, making sure all the bulkheads are square to the keel.




Pinning all the waist decks, still no glue. Everything is held together with clamps and pins.







After everything has been checked, and checked, and rechecked to be square and level, I use a small amount of CA ( super glue ) to hold things together. Just a small drop here and there. I don't like using super glue a lot its a mess, and you better have the part being glued where you want it you don't have much time to work with it. I use Titebond II Premium Wood Glue on 90 percent of my ships, the other 10 CA. When I glue the bulkheads and waist decks I will mix the glue with 20 - 30 percent water to get it to run, just bit, you don't want a running mess. I dip a paint brush in it and let it run down the seam.



The aft waist deck had to be filed to fit.




So at this point we have completed the first 3 steps in the instruction,






And a clean work area......

If anyone is building this ship there is a problem with the parts sheet, a miss print. Parts 20 and 21 are mark wrong on the plans and the included parts sheet. Not really a big deal.... that's for tomorrow anyway.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the message