Friday, March 13, 2015

Deck Liners

I forgot yesterday, but before you start the deck liners the instructions want you to draw a 5mm boarder around the 3 levels of the deck so the mahogany liners can be put in place. I drew the 
Lines, but thought a better idea was to run the deck liners just past the line. When I am ready to put the mahogany in I will remove the excess deck lining.

When I said I would try to finish the deck liners last night I tried. I have the main decks done, the smaller decks will go faster, there are no joints in them.



If I my plate wasn't full with this build, and blog. I decided to fill the holes I drilled for the but joints on the decking with some African Walnut I had left over from a ship I build a few months ago. First I tried some brass nails, was going to put the nails in the holes and cut the heads off, but didn't really like it.


So I am going to use the wood from the other ship, cut small slats then put it in the holes and sand them down, I think once I finish the deck it will really make my effort worth the time.


I have one done, the lower one, not the four on top. Photo was taken looking into my magnifying glass, that's why it looks funny like that. Will get the deck done in the morning, maybe I will have most of the holes done, maybe.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the message