Sunday, March 22, 2015

Deck Complete / Start Hull

I put a poll in the side menu, please take a second to enter an answer, 1 question, takes about 5 seconds to do, thanks.......

Had a few question asked about the tools needed to build the ship. I guess the answer is, you can get as silly as you like when buying your tools, or simply get what you need to do the job. Everything I do is done by hand, the sanding, cutting, drilling etc. the only electric tool I might use is a dremel. I will make a post regarding the tools I use, and go into more detail later. Let get caught up on the build to this point its been a few days.

Finished planking the stern with the 2 x 5 mm Mahogany.





Working off the center cutting 45 degree, gluing and nailing each plank. I will leave the nail heads exposed and cut the nail heads off before sanding.


After sanding the edges install the bulwarks, number 28, on both sides of the hull.



Nailed and glued.




One side is done, these 45 degree cuts, took about 8 hours to complete. Still have to finish cutting 3 more holes in it.


Will finish the other side and the start planking the hull. Well back to work, wife is working, SU isn't allowed to play in the tournament, no reason to watch that, so ship building day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the message