Saturday, March 14, 2015

Slill on the Deck

I will start each new day to answer questions, as I have a couple. I was asked what the price of building this ship is? The kit was bought online, a company called hobbylinc, for 154.00 dollars shipped to my house. It was on sale, I think the original cost was 210.00 dollars. This kit comes complete with everything needed to build it, except the glues and tools, of course. So add another 75 to 100 dollars for glues, wood filler, stains, things like that. Add it up, this will probably cost around 250 dollars, around there. its hard to say, I already have the fillers, glue, tool, sandpaper etc. Somewhere around there.

I had another question about the size of the finished ship. The scale is 1:90, in the US we don't use scales like this 1:90, this ship was designed in Spain, made in Hong Kong. So for us non metric system users, its 2/15" = 1 foot. The total length is 680mm (26 3/4"), height 520mm (20 7/16") and the beam measures 240mm (9 7/16").

Thanks for the question, any others, just email me, or leave it in the comments below.

Got the ships decked lined, so that's done.



Now to trim out the sides, and all the holes on the deck. Believe it or not even this is a very time consuming job. The deck liners are so this that if you try to hog on them with a knife, edges fray and rip away from the deck.




After all this is cleaned up, I will drill the joint holes, then fill them with the African Walnut, to look like nails holding the planks down. Still have to put the Mahogany trim around the edges, then give it a slight sanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the message